Winter Shadows Wrap Kit (design by Louise Zass-Bangham)
This kit includes a digital pattern that will be emailed to you from Ravelry. Please leave your Ravelry name in the “instructions to seller” portion of your shopping cart before proceeding to check out. 😊
- 3 balls of Cascade 220 Superwash in your chosen color
- 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in your chosen colo
- digital pattern
Inspired by winter trees silhouetted against cold skies, this perfect evening shawl plays with luxurious contrasts made in simple stripes.
Gorgeous drape and wonderful warmth for a winter evening. The sheer mohair/silk stripes give a hint of what’s hiding underneath, so you don’t feel that your party dress has vanished under a big wrap.
The irregular widths of the stripes keep it modern and interesting to knit. This is a perfect TV or knit-night project for a more experienced knitter.
I remember being frustrated by the lack of gorgeous knits for novices; all the glamorous stuff seemed beyond my abilities. I believe knitting doesn’t have to be difficult to be beautiful.
US 7 & 8
Shawl 40cm/16” x 158cm/62”
- approximately 480yds DK/Worsted weight yarn
- Rowan Kidsilk Haze 70% super kid mohair 30% silk, 210m per 25g ball. 2 x balls
- 4.5mm & 5mm circular needles with minimum 120cm/47” cable. The shawl is worked flat; the circular needles are needed because it is worked sideways so it is a lot of stitches but few rows.
18 sts & 26 rows to 10cm/4” square over stocking stitch (stockinette) before blocking