Embellishment and Visible Mending with StevenBe and Eleanor & Margaret! (2/17/24)
Rips, holes, and imperfections in clothing are bound to happen. Instead of attempting to make a repair as invisible as possible, visible mending allows us to embrace the inevitable wear that occurs on clothing and make the mending something to notice and appreciate instead of hide. You may find you love the look of visible mending so much that you want to use it to embellish clothing not even in need of repair!
In this class, we will teach two different methods of mending/embellishment: darning/weaving and embroidery - both of which can be used on any kind of garment!
This is a two-session class taking place on Saturdays from 12:00-2:00pm at StevenBe!
- 2/17 will cover darning and weaving repairs/embellishments!
- 2/24 will cover embroidery embellishments and duplicate stitch!
Difficulty: Ambitious beginnerClass includes:
- Darning Loom
- mini skein
Supplies to bring from home:
- Knit clothing items to mend/embellish.
- Stash yarn for darning/embellishing (optional)
- Embroidery floss for embellishing (optional)